May 2, 2012

Burlap Wreath

I know I'm probably the last person to make a burlap wreath but it was so easy and I love how it turned out! I bought a yard of burlap for two dollars and a foam wreath form for about four dollars I think.  I put on a girly movie with my friend and we made some fun wreaths! 

First you want to cut your burlap into four inch strips, then cut them into four inch squares.

Let's hope I can explain this right....Next, fold your burlap in half to make a triangle.  Then take one end of the triangle and bring it to the front, lining up the corners.  The next corner gets folded behind to the back, lining up the corners....put a pin in it to hold it together.


Next just push it into the foam wreath and repeat.  Eventually it will start to look full. Then it will be done in no time.

I used the welcome sign already hanging on my door for the center of it.  I absolutely love it!  I think it brings wonders to my welcome sign.  Plus I think I'm going to make flowers that are interchangeable for the seasons or even for holidays!  Tell me what you think!  We all love comments.


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! What a gorgeous wreath! I love the technique you used for the burlap. It's chic--but bubbly. :) Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty wreath - isn't burlap the best? I would love if you stopped by and linked up to my Creative inspirations party happening now! I would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks AMAZING!! I love all things burlap. I need one of these in my life!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST LOVE IT.... I try things like this but they never look right... LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  5. allison-

    love it! i've been wanting to make some of these for mother's day...you wrote a great tutorial...

    i shared this tonight at my site and pinterest. thanks for linking at creative juice last week.

    have a great week.
    n

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun and bubbly - cute wreath!
    And the price is right!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...