April 13, 2012

Pirate Party Invites

I'm seriously in shock at how old my little boy is getting. He just turned four this week and I am not ready for him to grow up. He has been begging for a Pirate Party with his friends. This is the first year I'm doing a friends only party. Mainly because I feel like he is old enough and has a few established friends in our neighborhood and some that he sees all the time. I really want him to remember how fun this party was with all of his friends. I practiced making him a pirate cake at our family party we had on his actual birthday and overall it was a success, but I'm going to make a few changes for his friends party.

This is my sweet, silly, fun and energetic boy four years ago.
The trial cake....the top part was literally pieced together because it wasn't as cooled down as I thought.  Next time I'm going to stick the top part in the freezer for a little bit first.

I used some cream scrapbook paper I had on hand and burned the edges of it to make it look old for the invites.  I just wrote down the info like a map and placed it inside of a IBC Rootbeer bottle.  I also made some cute tags to go on the outside.






Then my little pirate got all dressed up to go out and deliver the invitations.  Stay tuned for the party reveal!!!


4 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! What a great idea to put it in the root beer bottle. I absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm going to keep this in my party idea book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Cute Invitations! (and a cute delivery pirate!)

    (visiting from the Monday Blog Hop)

    http://kabersblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that does look like such fun! Great looking cake!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...