April 9, 2012

My updated picture frame

I made a new, updated frame for our Master Bedroom that I'm redoing in Gray and Yellow.
I LOVE how it turned out.  It was really fun to make and it motivated me to get a new photo in the frame (it was one from our wedding)
I started with a piece of wood slightly bigger than the frame that I had.
I painted it yellow because that is the color I wanted to stripes to be, then made up a cool design for it.  Notice I didn't do the design completely because I knew where the frame would cover.
I painted it all gray and then when it dried I peeled off the painters tape and I had yellow stripes!
I cut a hole in it (so that I could change out the photo whenever I wanted)
Then I glued the glass to the frame using E-6000 glue and then the frame to the board using the same glue.

I put my new picture in it that we just had taken and hung it in its new spot on my bedroom wall....in love!  I can't wait to finish decorating my entire room and do a Master Bedroom reveal!

2 comments:

  1. How cute it that! Great job! So glad I found your blog via Fingerprints on the Fridge. I'm your newest follower so we can keep in touch. I would love if you stopped by, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great frame! You make it look so easy too!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...