March 29, 2012

Relief Society 170th Birthday Party

Wow, I've been super bad about updating lately.  I don't know why I haven't but it has been nice to get some time in with the family.  My husband and I had our very first anniversary on February 29th, we have been married for four years now.  I do have some crafting things in the works, one of which is my master bedroom.  I'm excited to finally redo it.  I was recently asked to participate as the decorator for the Relief Society 170th birthday party.  If you would like to learn more about what I believe you can visit this website.  I'm a member of the LDS Church.  We are having our semiannual General Conference this weekend.  It was very stressful for me to be in charge of all the decorations.  I didn't really know what to do for it then I came up with some ideas for the centerpieces and everything just fell into place after that.  Here are some pictures of the decor.


This is the centerpiece for scrapbooking.  I tried to do things that I knew a bunch of the Relief Society ladies did in my ward.
This is the gardening centerpiece
the sewing
The crafting
cooking
canning
and photography (I wrapped my camera around the pictures in this one.)
This was the entryway and we put the programs on the end table.


I made the happy birthday sign and placed it on top of some coasters.  I also made the sign that says 170 for the 170th birthday.  It was super fun to participate and decorate, the party was fantastic as well.  I hope they ask me to decorate again!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did for the centerpieces, Allie. Great way to include everyone. (If my pinterest pin had not disappeared I would pin it under LDS.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...