February 7, 2012

A Wreath for every Season

My Grandmothers birthday was on superbowl sunday and my mom asked me to make her a wreath for each season. This is what I came up with and I love them! I tried three different techniques that I had never used before and am thrilled with how beautiful they turned out. 

SPRING:  Coffee Filter Wreath.
I got the idea for this here and also followed her instructions.  My only advice is make sure you dye enough filters in the beginning to make sure you don't have to make more...it is very hard and nearly impossible to get the same colors twice.  It takes a very long time to make this.


SUMMER:  Yarn Wreath with Felt Flowers
I got this idea from here and used her tutorial as well.  This one was the easiest to make for my and turned out to be my favorite.  I used a foam wreath form instead of the straw one she recommends.  I think either one look beautiful.



FALL:  Ribbon Wreath
I've made this wreath before in different fall colors and I still love the way that it looks.  See that wreath here.


WINTER:  Fabric Wreath
Followed these instructions but just did it with winter blues.



A Close Up of Each Wreath:




I hope you find these wreaths inspiring!  Go out and make some.  Don't be afraid to try something different.  I'm very glad I did!  Happy Birthday Grandma!  Tell me what you think and leave a comment. 

1 comment:

  1. I love wreaths too! These are great...the coffee filter wreath is beautiful!! I'm your newest follower from the Ginger Snap Crafts party. If you get a chance, I'd love you to stop by my blog & maybe follow along too!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...