January 19, 2012

My Cleaning Checklist

How do you keep your house clean?  I try really hard to always have a 'clean' house.  Obviously with two kids, my house looks lived in...but I hate that feeling like my house is a disaster.  Since baby girl was born, I've felt like my house had a tornado go through it and it didn't survive.  I have tried very hard to clean it to perfection, even if just for a day and it is not working.  When I lived in the house before this one, my house was kept clean.  I was however terrified of leaving my house or even walking outside for that matter.  (When there was a shooting in our front yard is when I decided that we were buying a house in a safe city)  I had made a checklist for myself of stuff to do on a daily basis and stuff to do on a weekly basis.  I loved it.  I don't know why I haven't made one for this house yet (We have lived here almost two years now)  So today I made one and the first few weeks will be rough but I am determined to get this house in shape.  My list is very detailed, I love checking things off my list so the more things, no matter how small, the more to check off and the more I feel I accomplished. Anyways, I thought I would share with you what I'm going to start doing on a weekly/daily basis in my home on my journey to a clean one.

Daily Cleaning List:

Kitchen:
1. Unload dishwasher
2. Wipe off counters
3. Take out garbage
4. Sweep
5. Load dishwasher

Back Bathroom:
1. Clean up floor
2. Sweep

Entry/Stairway:
1. Clean up clutter
2. Sweep

Living Room:
1. Clean off end tables
2. Pick up floor
3. Vacuum

Hallway:
1. Clean up clutter

Boy Room:
1. Clean up clutter
2. Make bed

Baby Room:
1. Clean up clutter

Kids Bathroom:
1. Clean up clothes
2. Drain tub/Pick up toys
3. Clean off counter

Master Bathroom:
1. Clean off counter
2. Pick up Laundry

Master Bedroom:
1. Clean up clutter
2. Make bed.

Playroom:
1. Clean up toys


 Weekly Cleaning List:

Kitchen:
1. Clean off window sill
2. Clean off counters
3. Tidy up pantry
4. Clean back door
5. Clean out fridge
6. De-clutter drawers
7. Wipe down chairs
8. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
9. Change out soap if needed
10. Mop

Dog Area:
1.  Clean off dresser
2.  Mop
3.  Clean out kennels

Back Bathroom:
1. Change towel
2. Change out soap if needed
3. Clean toilet
4. Clean sink
5. Clean mirror
6. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
7. Empty garbage
8. Stock TP
9. Mop

Entry/Stairway:
1. Clear off clutter
2. Organize coat closet
3. Wipe windowsills
4. Wipe handrails
5. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
6. Vacuum stairs
7. Vacuum window ways
8. Mop

Hallway:
1. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
2. Vacuum

Living Room:
1. Clean between couches
2. Put away movies
3. Wash blankets if needed
4. Wipe off end tables
5. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
6. Clean TV
7. Clean DVD player etc.
8. Clean the couches
9. Dust

Baby Girl's Room:
1. Pick up floors
2. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
3. Dust
4. Wash sheets
5. Do laundry
6. Vacuum

Baby Boy’s Room:
1. Pick up floors
2. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
3. Dust
4. Wash sheets
5. Do laundry
6. Vacuum

Linen Closet:
1. Organize
2. Pick up floor

Laundry Room:
1. Clean off washer/dryer
2. Wipe up soap spills
3. Vacuum out dryer sheet vent
4. Run bleach through washer
5. Sweep
6. Mop

Kid’s Bathroom:
1. Change towel
2. Change out soap if needed
3. Clean toilet
4. Clean counters/sink
5. Clean mirror
6. Clean tub
7. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
8. Sweep
9. Mop

Master Bathroom:
1. Organize clothes/shoes
2. Vacuum
3. Clean toilet
4. Clean shower/tub
5. Clean mirror
6. Wipe counter/sink
7. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
8. Sweep
9. Mop
10. Do laundry

Master Bedroom:
1. Wash sheets
2. Clean off end tables
3. Wipe down TV
4. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
5. Dust
6. Vacuum

Playroom:
1. Clean up toys
2. Put away videos
3. Wipe baseboards/doors/walls
4. Dust
5. Sweep

Paperwork and Misc.
1. Plan menu for next week
2. Write letters and cards
3. Clean out purse
4. Pay Bills
5. File Paperwork
6. Clean out truck/car
7. Errands
    A. Grocery
    B. Library
    C. Post Office
    D. Bountiful Basket
8. Clip and Organize Coupons

Outside:
1. Take garbage to street (Sunday)
2. Sweep off/Shovel off sidewalks
3. Weed
4. Clean up garbage in corner
5. Mow lawn
6. Clean up anything in garage.

I know it looks like a lot but literally after a while, there is probably not going to be a lot of things I will need to do to declutter and I'll get used to just picking things up as I go.  I was walking through all my rooms today looking at everything that needed to be done...yes, it is a lot.  On the weekly checklist, I try to tackle three things a day.  (I pick which rooms depending on how much time I have that day)  That way I still have at least one day, sometimes two that I'm not cleaning.  I hope this inspires you to make your own list.  I just print it off and stick it with my cleaning supplies or somewhere where I see it constantly and then cross them off as I go to feel accomplished.  I'd love to hear how you keep your house clean or if there are any tricks out there.

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog! What a great idea. I'm thinking that a checklist will make it easier for the children to clean their spaces. Weird question ... what font is it you use on your blog? I publish our elementary school PTO newsletter and think that font would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It always good to hear that people are reading and I'm not just talking to myself. The font I use is called Common Sense. It would be perfect for a elementary newsletter. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled upon your great blog and just wanted to leave a comment to invite you to visit my blog and enter my GIVEAWAY! Hope to see you soon =)
    Just Tututiny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making a checklist is a very good idea. It helps you get things organized, and determine your plan of action towards accomplishing your cleaning tasks. Cleaning is not that hard if you know where to start.

    -Tyler Perkins

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...