December 3, 2011

My Advent Tree

 I first saw this advent calendar on pinterest, you can follow me here.  I fell in love instantly, so fast in fact that I went to work right away making mine.  I watched a movie and cut everything out during that movie so roughly it took me two hours.  I started by using my leftover felt from my sons car mat and yes, I still have plenty leftover.  I cut 25 pieces of felt into 3.5x4 inch sections.  Then I layed them over two sections of felt folded in half (so that when I cut I had two Christmas Tree patterns).  It took about a yard of green felt to make this and tiny bits of everything else.



This is the layout of the advent calendar.


I layed half of my squares over my folded green and then was able to draw a half tree pattern onto the felt. (I used just a black crayon)  I free handed my tree but you could use paper to make a pattern and then cut it out.


My son loved the tree so much that he kept trying to hug it.  Gotta love kids.


This is my tree cut out with my squares on top.


After all the little decor were cut out, this is what it looked like.


This is the patterns that I used.

dots
penguin
holly
snowflakes
bell
stripes
gingerbread man 
rudolph
snowman
presents
skis
ice skate
wreath
stocking
stripes
tree
ballerina
dots
ornament
mittens
ugly sweater
train
candy cane
santa
baby jesus



I'm working on the hand stitching and embellishments onto the squares today and tomorrow while my husband works nights.  I get a lot done when he is gone at night cause I get so bored.  I'm excited to show you my final results.

1 comment:

  1. I saw an advent calendar I liked the other day as well - a 24 day countdown

    http://boltfamily.wordpress.com/2011/12/01/advent-calendar/#comments

    T.J.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...