December 3, 2011

Jingle all the way...(tutorial)

 
 
 Do you love my new craft?  I recently made one that said Merry Christmas and promised a tutorial so here it is.  First cut you wood to these measurements.

2x4:
2- 6 inch pieces
2-5 inch pieces
1-4.5 inch piece
1-4 inch piece

2x2:
1-14 inch piece

You will also need:
wood stain finish (I used a walnut finish)
White Paint
Coordinating scrapbook paper
Mod Podge
Ink Pad (for distressing if desired)
Vinyl or Paper letters


First cut your wood the desired lengths.  The order goes 6, 5, 4, 4.5, 5, 6.



Then stain your wood and wipe off the stain with a cloth. I made two sets of this so there are lots of wood pieces in my picture.


This is what it will look like stained.


Paint the front of your blocks white.  Note: I left a tiny bit of wood showing on the sides but it isn't more than 1/8 inch if that.


Pick out your coordinating papers and cut them to size.  My size of papers are as follows in inches from left to right:

3x5.5
3x4.5
3x3.5
3x4
3x4.5
3x5.5


I love the distressed look with ink so I like to rub the pad across the wood and paper at this point.  This would also look adorable not distressed.


Add your vinyl letters or paper letters and put a coat of mod podge over the top to seal it together.


Stand back and admire your work!!



Love it.


I found this idea on pinterest.

5 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! Super cute! I've never thought of using an ink pad to distress..how do you do it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!! I love them!! I am a new follower too, your blog is really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice craft. Now you can use this business directory yellow pages to promote wood crafts import & export business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cool! What a great idea. Found you at the Between U & Me party. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Great, easy to follow tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...