November 10, 2011

Alphabet Rocks

I've seen a lot of Alphabet rocks all over the blogging land but recently decided to make my own.  I recently joined Pinterest.  You can follow me here if you would like.  I used pinterest to pin the rocks so that I wouldn't forget to make them.  My family went to a cabin with friends and I thought it would be really fun to make them there.  You could use river rocks, which you can buy at pretty much any craft store, but I just used plain old rocks from the mountains.  I collected 52 of them.  I did upper and lower case letters, one letter on each rock (I've also seen them with upper on one side and lower case on the other).  I painted the letters on and then traced them with a marker and covered them with clear nail polish so that they would not chip.  We played with these all weekend.  My son loved to pick things to learn how to spell.  He also loved to put them in colors, organize them from A to Z, and match lowercase and uppercase.



1 comment:

  1. this is a good idea! if i taught kindergarten of something this would be fun to use!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...