August 19, 2011

Dr. Seuss Shelf

Okay so I think my sons Dr. Seuss Room is finally finished.  Remember this shelf that we made for our daughters nursery?  Well we used that same slab of thirty dollar wood and some paint we had left over from his wall to make this beauty.  It started out as a little drawing on a piece of paper that I told my husband he should build for me and he did.  For some reason the pictures are a little blurry, I couldn't figure out why but the quote says, "The more that you read, the more things you will know.  The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." Dr. Seuss.  We hung it at a height that my son could grab the book he wanted us to read to him at the end of the night and also hang up his jacket and backpack when he got home from preschool.  He LOVES it and I love that I keep catching him bundled up in blankets reading in his bed.  What do you think?









Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!




3 comments:

  1. I love it! How adorable. :) My son just turned 3 and he loves Dr. Seuss, especially Green Eggs & Ham and the ABC book. I really like how this shelf does double duty as a bookshelf and coat rack for your son's room. We just may do something like this for my Little Crafter now that we rearranged his room for his big bed. Thanks so much for sharing...saw you at Six Sisters Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! My daughter is 2 1/2 and I'm looking for ideas for her room... I really like this idea. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...