May 25, 2011

Do it yourself shelf

This was one of the best decisions my husband and I decided to do.  We all know how expensive it is to buy a shelf, big or small it always seems like way too much money.  I drew a picture of a huge shelf I wanted my husband to help me make for above the babies crib.  He made it come to life.  We bought an 8'x4' piece of MDF board from Home Depot...cost about $30.  We used a 5.5'x1' piece and a 5'x9'' piece....and that's it.  We have so much left over.  I had him make a shelf/bookcase for my sons room and we are also going to use the same piece to make a valance for the babies room (I really hope that is what it is called).....oh and get this, after cutting all the pieces for all of these projects, we still have more MDF board....I have a few more shelves in mind.



1 comment:

  1. great post!! That paint pattern on the wall looks like it probably took FOREVER but it's way cute!! I'm coming to you from I heart naptime. I am happy to be your newest follower. Please stop by for book club if you're interested--connie, measuredbytheheart.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...