February 10, 2011

Love Blocks

I made these using 2x4's, scrapbook paper, mod podge, and sandpaper.  It was super easy, totally free and way cute.  I love decorating for Valentines Day.  It is so much fun and I want to keep my decorations up all year, maybe I'll move some to my red and black bedroom?....maybe.


First I started by cutting the 2x4's.  Mine were 2- 6 inch blocks, a 4 1/2 inch piece and a 7 inch piece.  I sanded them down and then painted them black (next picture).

I put mod podge on the blocks and put the scrapbook paper on top....then you just wait for them to dry and sand off the paper.

They will look like this at this point.  I then put vinyl on them to spell out love, you could do xoxo if you want or really any saying if you wanted to add more blocks.

I added a white ribbon to the first block to make it more complete but I love it either way.  What do you think?  Do you like how they turned out?

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love the heart paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! love the paper you picked out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks turned out so cute! I've got some cut and painted and need to finish mod podging them!

    Thanks for sharing in FFA!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute! I wish I lived close to you so I could do craft day every month. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your blog! I just looked through every post. You are quite creative! You remind me of a friend of have, who is also very crafty. Here is her blog: http://3sisters-pjr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...