November 16, 2010

Jigsaw Turkey

Yeah! I finished my first project with my new jigsaw.  I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. how it turned out.  My friend and I have been working on these since october and just finished them....they were a long project, but definitely worth it.  Don't ya think?


This is what it looked like before sanding and I just freehanded the body onto a 2x12 that I got in the cull bin at home depot for $1.00, the feathers were also freehanded, along with the head out of MDF also from the cull bin for .51 cents. 

A coat of paint, Modge Podge and scrapbook paper and this is what she looks like....


This is her head, painted and decorated


 And put together, on my shelf in the most perfect spot ever.


And a side shot....


And then one more of her with my entire shelf in the picture. 
P.S.  I made those fall glass vase thingys the other day....so so cheap and adorable, it is very hard to see them right now but I will post about them a later day.  For now let my turkey bask in her glory.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE you turkey - so cute! THanks fo sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is absolutely DARLING!! I have always wanted a jigsaw, and you make me want one even more!! I love all of those patterns on the feathers!! I love your little shelf too, with the drawers! Where did you score that?! Thanks for linking up with my Thanksgiving feast of ideas!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute. Will he mind watching a relative on the table for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh he is just adorable! Great job on your first jigsaw project!!

    Thanks for linking up to SS!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...