November 15, 2010

Adorable Harvest Blocks

Okay so I went to my mom's the other day and she had just bought blocks that said HARVEST on them. I loved them but I told her she could have made them for cheaper, so I decided to make some. Supplies needed are:


Seven different size blocks. I used:

1: 5.5"x 4.5"

3: 3.5" x 3.5 "

3: 4.5" x 3.5 "


Different Fall color papers

Carpet Nails

Modge Podge

Brown Vinyl or Paint

Wood Stain, I used Special Maple from the Home Depot: $7.95 (The only thing I didn't have, I only used like 1/200th of it.)

Paint Brush




Stain the different size blocks and follow the directions for the stain process. Mine were follow the grain of the wood with the brush and let sit for 5-15 minutes then wipe with an old cloth. I only did one coat and I thought it looked gorgeous.

Pick your different colors of fall paper. I was wishing by the end that my purple was a yellow but I still like it. Cut them 1/4" smaller on all sides then your block.


Modge podge them on top of the blocks and scrap the paper so that you don't end up with bubbled paper.


Get your carpet tacks


Nail one into each corner of your 7 seven blocks


Cut out the word HARVEST on your cricut machine on brown vinyl. You could also do this on brown paper and modge podge it on, or you could paint it on if you are that talented.


Put on your letters





Decorate your house with them!





Don't they just look great next to my pumpkins and turkeys? Love it.



3 comments:

  1. These turned out great! I love the carpet tack embellishment!

    Thanks for stopping by the Free for All party!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these harvest blocks. Thanks for sharing! Following you for the Thanksgiving Feast@ Oopsey Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the carpet tacks! It's the perfect touch!! You are so talented with your wood projects... I'll be checking back to see what else you come up with! Thanks again for linking up at my Thanksgiving feast! Enjoy your weekend!

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...